Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Check out Karl Lagerfeld’s library. Not jealous…much.

I have never been one to fawn over stars (rock, movie, aussie soap etc),  fashionistas or A/B/C grade celebrities. Particularly the fashionistas. Reading the Devil Wears Prada is about as close as I have ever come to reading Vogue magazine. So I can’t say I have ever been interested or intrigued by Karl Lagerfeld, or King Karl as he is apparently known by those in the know, apart from wondering how someone who is steeped in so much fashion mystique, revered by fashionistas worldwide, can be happy to get about looking like a cross between a skunk and Herman Munster.

Anyway, for Christmas Ali gave Lissy a book called The Selby is in your Place, a collection of photos of creative people in their personal spaces that this guy called Todd Selby takes. Check out his website theselby.com. So I was flicking through it last night and I came across the shoot he did of Karl Lagerfeld’s place. I think I actually said “Oh My God” out loud. For those of you who read my blog about wanting to have my own library, check out the photo below and you will understand why.

Excuse the dodgy photo (didn't do Todd Selby proud with that reproduction, and have probably just broken some international copyright laws or something).
Very cool library Mr Lagerfeld. Because I am a sticky beak and detail freak, I did take a closer look at his book collection and saw that he has several copies of the same title. I’m not sure what that’s all about – hope it means the books are not just for show. But is it feasible that he has even read half of these books? Maybe he has the same book buying addiction as me. Although it would be a lot easier for him to feed his addiction since he also owns the book store next door. Very handy.
Not jealous much. I think my interest in fashion just went up a few notches.

No comments:

Post a Comment