Thursday, November 25, 2010

Should I buy a one way ticket?

The end of work is nigh – Kay, my replacement, is starting on 20 December. Tomorrow would have been preferable, but only 16 working days away so I can’t really complain. A week of handover and then I am off on the world’s longest ever Christmas break.
So I have started to think about actually making a commitment to a flight to London. The question is – will I encounter any trouble at Heathrow airport if I arrive with a one way ticket, a laptop and an overloaded suitcase? I am going to use frequent flyer points, and a one way ticket is exactly half the points of a return, so there is no financial incentive to lock myself into a return date and departure airport.
But  I have visions of being carted away at Heathrow on suspicion of trying to illegally enter the country to work and put straight back on the first flight home. While that could make for an interesting story, it is one I would prefer to stay in my head.
Is a one way ticket a trouble magnet? Let me know what you think.....

1 comment:

  1. Yes I can tell you as a travel agent, you need to show a return ticket.

    ReplyDelete